Peer Advising and Support
Set Up an In-Person Tutoring Appointment Here: Access for Appointments to In-Person Tutoring Here
Set up ONLINE access to Smarthinking Tutoring Here: Access to Smarthinking Online Tutoring Students: Please allow up to 48 hours for access to Smarthinking and for it to appear under General Courses in D2L.
Campus Resources for Tutoring & ACCESS STEPS
RECENT NEWS: Academic Support and Resources
Academic Coaching & Prospective Student Advising
Adult and Commuter Student Affairs offers academic coaching to prospective and current adult learner, nontraditional, and commuter students. We understand that college is difficult, and we are committed to helping students find winning strategies for academic success.
Our staff can help students with:
General Ed Requirements
Adjusting to the college environment
Informal discussion of financial aid policies
Connecting to Academic Departments
Becoming a student leader
Learning Support resources and academic tutoring
Discussion of career path and goals
To schedule an appointment please select our academic success coaches below:
Peer Support Services - Student Assistant Peer Tutoring In Person - Make Appointments Here: https://alp.mywconline.com/
Welcome to Peer Support Services! We offer individualized group study options at ACSA, Room 261 in the Student Center and online tutoring via Smarthinking for current students and prospective KSU students. Our sessions vary in duration with optional computers and resource materials. Students who utilize this service find our sessions to be beneficial to their academic success.
Student Feedback and Additional Resources
- Khan Academy
- Additional Academic Tutoring Resources SkillWise Open Culture Alison Open Learning Initiative
Online Academic Tutoring Services - Smarthinking
Need a supplement to your current in-person peer support services at KSU? Would you like to work with a tutor at 1:00 am or Sunday at 3:00 pm? Check out Smarthinking! Register today for free online tutoring access 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
The full list of Computers & Technology subjects available to your students are:
OS- Windows 7/10
Intro Computer Science
Register for Online Tutoring (First Time Users):
- Register for Online Academic Tutoring Services by completing a form - Please Click Here.
- Once your registration is approved by KSU Staff, access to Smarthinking Online Academic Tutoring Services will be located on your personal D2L Brightspace.
Academic Testing Services and Prior Learning Assessment
Kennesaw State University Academic Testing Services is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class testing support to the students and faculty of the Owl Nation, to non-KSU students, and to working professionals in the Greater Atlanta Metro Area. We provide a wide menu of tests to meet our customers' demands while offering fully automated, user-friendly systems to reduce pre-test anxiety. We are one team serving students and customers at two locations-with one testing center on each of our university's campuses,Kennesaw and Marietta, that adheres to the NCTA (National College Testing Association) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Prior Learning Assessment
Prior Learning Assessment allows learners to earn credit for college level learning through various forms of assessment. Prior learning assessment, experiential learning, alternative credit, or credit for prior learning are many names for the same pathway to college credit.
College level learning gained outside of a traditional academic setting may come from varied sources: work experience, military service, training programs, community service, independent study, professional certifications, or even self-directed learning such as open source courseware.
PLA is available to all students fully admitted to KSU. Prior learning can be assessed in several ways:
- Portfolio-based Assessment - Evaluations of student portfolios developed with help from an advisor.
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams - A series of tests developed by the College Board initially for AP High School courses, including 34 exams in 19 subject areas.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams - Tests of college material offered by the College Board. (https://www.collegeboard.org/)
- DSST exams - over 30 exams provide an effective method for evidencing prior learning. DSST fund the exams for active-duty military and their spouses however DSST tests are not just for those in the military. Additional information is available at getcollegecredit.com.
- Challenge Exams - tests developed by a KSU college or department to verify learning achievement.