Mission and Goals
Adult and Commuter Student Affairs strives to be a premier academic support unit at Kennesaw State University promoting a strong Georgia workforce both inside and outside of the classroom.
The mission of Adult and Commuter Student Affairs is to support and enhance the educational and developmental experiences of the adult learner and commuter students. Innovative and quality services, programs, resources, and activities are offered in an effort to meet the need for integration of all aspects of the adult learner and commuter students. Adult and Commuter Student Affairs also facilitates a sense of belonging and community for students through our commuter center.
The specific character and mission of Adult and Commuter Student Affairs is further delineated by the following goals:
- To encourage student enrollment, success and persistence by providing individualized services such as peer academic support, advising and advocacy.
- To develop collaborative partnerships, on and off campus, that foster necessary and innovative programs, activities and services for adult and commuter students.
- To facilitate a sense of identity, belonging and community by providing a gathering place for students to network.
- To enhance academic support of learners through the use of technology.
- To provide ease to adult and commuter students, faculty and staff in the process of acquiring campus and community information.
- To utilize appropriate assessment measures to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of programs and services offered to commuter students.